Date(s) - 24/06/2020
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Resource Management webinar will be a look at Alma’s MD Editor tools and some key processes that happen within this ILS menu.
Our guest speaker for the webinar is Asheleigh Folsom, Unit Head, Metadata Services at Georgetown University Library on our Main Campus. Asheleigh has been with Georgetown’s Lauinger Library for seven years, five of them as a Metadata/Special Collections Librarian, and the last two as the Unit Head in the Technical Services Department, managing a team of seven. Asheleigh also represents Georgetown within the WRLC Consortium that we are part of, as a member of the Metadata Committee.
Asheleigh’s presentation will specifically focus on the top 2-3 workflow processes that GU and GUQ regularly use the MD Editor for:
- Import/export of catalogue records (copy cataloguing)
- Merging cataloguing records (in the IZ and NZ)
- Creating portfolios for standalone eBooks
NOTE: These processes are done by all libraries, but the complexities vary, depending on whether an institution has a stand-alone system, or they share records in a consortial arrangement. Many of these factors can change how a process is completed.
If participants would like to gain additional background/general information into what Alma’s MD Editor suite can do, we recommend watching these videos prior to the webinar session:
- MetadataEditor and Cataloging Templates
- ImportingBibliographic, Inventory and Order Records in Batch
- ElectronicResources Conceptual Background
- LocalSearch Indexes and External Search Resources
If any one has questions prior to the Webinar, do not hesitate to contact me (email@example.com).
Bookings are closed for this event.